Thursday, November 18, 2010

Whats your Egypt House Like?!

No matter if you were a pharaoh or a peasant your ancient Egypt house was made of sun dried brick. Houses there had very few windows because I mean who wants to burn in that desert sun?! Now you may be thinking who would want to live in that dark place. Well they were actually fairly small and used for eating and sleeping. If you looked at the inside of these old houses then its possible you would see two strange looking gods. One was called Taweret and this god was the goddess of birth and raising children. The other god is Bes. This god was seemed to protect the home from all danger. If I was in ancient Egypt I don't think I would believe a statue would protect me. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they had yellow brick houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a little strange, having gods in your homes, wierd...

    ReplyDelete